The AECB owns and operates this website. The AECB is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information collected about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The AECB is recognised as the Data Controller for the purposes of this policy.
By submitting information to the AECB you consent to the AECB using that information as set out in this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page, and by continuing to use the AECB’s services you will signify that you agree to any such changes. The AECB may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website or to enable registered members and non-members to be recognized and logged on quickly. This can include using a cookie which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening.
- Your personal information is not required to visit this website.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested/required during account registration for interactive participation, membership on this website and during the ordering process.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and are automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers which your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use is not attached to personally identifiable information.
Subscription to our mailing list
By subscribing to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive our regular Network Newsletter and periodic emails about news/events which we think will be of interest. You may also join our mailing list by clicking the consent box in the checkout basket when purchasing software. We will only hold your email address and this is held on Mailchimp which is GDPR compliant and will never be shared with third parties. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by either contacting us or unsubscribing on the link at the end of every email sent.
The information that the AECB holds about you is that supplied when you enrol as a member, or that supplied by you subsequently. In addition, the AECB will hold information such as renewal dates which are required for the efficient administration of the AECB. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name and business name
- Email address
- Other information required to enable efficient administration by the AECB
- Records of transactions with you
The AECB is interested in the diversity of its membership and so the membership joining form has some personal questions but it is up to you whether you wish to complete these. You will always be given the option of withholding your personal details from Membership Listings, both on the website and in any printed form. If you would like to change your options at any time you can log into our website and do so or you can contact us if you need a reminder of log in details.
On cancellation of membership, your membership is deactivated and your details are held for six years for financial purposes only. These details will not be shared with a third party. If you wish to update or delete information once membership is de-activated, please contact us here.
The AECB will not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties except where they are acting for or on behalf of the AECB under contract to provide a service to members.
The AECB will endeavour to maintain any information held about you in as accurate and up to date manner as possible. It is the responsibility of members to check the accuracy of their details and advise of any changes necessary. You can check the information held about you by logging into our website with your username and password and going to ‘your membership/account details’. These can be amended at any time. If you have any difficulties with this or need your log in details please contact us.
CarbonLite retrofit students
Membership account information and purchases from our website
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well protected environment.
- The AECB shares personal information to billing companies for completing transactions.
- AECB membership details are shared with the mailing company for distributing the Passive House Plus magazine and with local group leaders for local group activities and events.
- The AECB makes every effort to preserve your privacy. Personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
This website relies on “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web session. This mechanism is employed solely for your convenience and for no other purpose.
If you need more information about cookies and how you can modify your browser settings please visit this site
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the AECB are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
This web site takes every precaution to protect our visitor’s information. When visitors submit sensitive information via the web site, their information is protected both online and off-line. We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees and authorised third-perties who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.